Tasheelat Car Leasing Company W.L.L wants you to feel comfortable about giving us access to your personal information. Use this Privacy Notice to find out what happens to your personal information when you interact with TCL.
This Privacy Notice covers the personal information that TCL collect, use and disclose through your use of our products and services either online or offline.
TCL needs to collect personal information from you to rent / Lease / Sale a vehicle or provide our other services. We collect personal information when you give it to us, such as by telephone, fax, postal mail, email, and social media accounts at the counter, upon completion of an application or enrollment form, or through your use of TCL’s website or mobile Apps or the use of our products and services.
Sometimes, we may combine your personal information with other information we received from other sources so we can provide you a more customized and hassle-free experience. We may obtain personal information about you from a third party, such as through a travel agent, an account program connected with your employer or association. Additionally, our affiliates and third parties may provide us with information about you.
This may include mandatory arbitration of disputes.
Type of Information
When you make a reservation, rent / lease / buy a vehicle or join one of our programs, we collect personal information from you, such as:
- email address.
- Home and/or business address.
- Telephone numbers at which we can reach you.
- Date of birth.
- Designation & company name.
- payment information such as your credit or debit card details (security code is obtained for transaction only – we do not keep it);
- Information from driver’s license and/or other government issued identification.
- Special discount codes, partner member numbers, association memberships (for discounts, special privileges and points programs); and other information that may be required to rent you a vehicle and/or provide you with services.
- We may also collect demographic information about you such as your age, gender, habits or preferences, where you rented the vehicle, were any special needs or equipment requested, whether you are part of a corporate or rewards program, where and when you returned the vehicle, customer service inquiries or complaints, payment arrangements, insurance preferences, gas consumption, mileage, accident history and other information related to the vehicle and your use of it. We use this information to administer your rental and also to better understand our customers and provide you with relevant offers.
- Some vehicles come equipped with a global positioning system (GPS) or similar type tracking device that may also collect information about the vehicle. To learn about vehicle data we collect, scroll down to read about Vehicle Data.
When you purchase a gift certificate, we may collect the name and mailing address of the gift recipient in order to fulfill your order. We will only use this information for the specific reason for which it is provided. If you believe that one of your contacts has provided us with your personal information and you would like to request that it be removed from our database, please contact our customer service at the details below.
The information we collect is used to provide you with our great services (for example, renting a vehicle and providing discounts and offers) and for our business purposes (research and development of new products and services and enforcing our legal rights).
One more thing: when you call us (from any phone), we may record or monitor the call for qualify control, training or similar purposes.
Some vehicles you rent / Lease from TCL may be equipped with devices which allow us to send commands to and receive certain information from the vehicle, including geolocation data from a global positioning system (GPS). These devices are turned on all the time, even when other services or other media in the vehicle is turned off. TCL and its sister companies may collect and process vehicle data about the vehicle itself, such as fuel level, odometer, speed, diagnostic and performance data, tire pressure, accident or damage data, and location and direction of travel data. We do not use this information to profile your driving behavior. This information assists us in providing our services (such as responding to unlocking door requests, remote start and stop and our unattended vehicle pick-up and return), software updates, product support, locating and responding to accidents, identifying reported lost, not returned, suspected of being stolen and stolen vehicles and as may be requested by law enforcement agencies. We may also use this information to determine certain fees to be charged in connection with our services.
PHOTOS & VIDEO
TCL locations are equipped with video security surveillance systems as well as cameras that record as our vehicles depart/enter our lots.
When you download, visit and use our websites and/or Apps, TCL automatically collects technical information. This section tells you more about what technical information we collect and why we collect it.
IP Addresses & other information collected automatically: We may collect your IP address when you visit our websites to help us diagnose problems with our main computers, for system administration, to report aggregated information to our business partners, and to audit the use of our website. We do not normally link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable.
Mobile Analytics: When you download and use our TCL Apps, we use mobile analytics software to help us better understand the functionality of our App on your mobile device. Our analytics may record how often you use the App, how you use the App, aggregated usage, performance data and where you downloaded the App from. We do not link the analytic information to any personal information you submit while using the App.
Mobile GPS and Push Notifications: If you let us, we may collect location markers using the GPS in your device or WIFI routers. Knowing approximately where you are helps the App provide you better service.
TCL uses third-parties to provide online or electronic ads on our behalf. These third parties use data about your visits to our websites and Apps usage to send you customized ads that may be of interest to you. This information is collected using cookies, scripts, pixel tags, etags, web beacons and other similar technologies by TCL and our third-party advertising partners.
TCL sometimes also shares personal information with third-parties to help us with our marketing and promotional projects, such as managing our social media pages, running contests, sweepstakes and other promotions, or sending marketing communications.
Link Your Profile
You may be able to link your favorite social media profile such as, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google with TCL accounts. This can help personalize and streamline your TCL experience.
We use analytic software, such as Google Analytics and others, to help us to better understand the functionality of our software on our websites and Apps on your device. This software may record information such as how often you use our App, which features you use or don’t use in the App, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the App was downloaded from. This information isn’t connected to you.
TCL may use and share your personal information and vehicle data to affiliated and non-affiliated organizations (sister company, partners, service providers, independent licensees, travel agents, your employer or organization, brokers, booking engines, credit card issuers, etc.), that help us:
We share personal information with government, regulatory and law enforcement agencies in the following circumstances:
- To verify your driver’s license and ensure you meet our safe driver criteria.
- As requested by these agencies if the disclosure is required or permitted by law;
- To take action regarding illegal activities or violations of terms of service;
- If we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency that poses a threat to the safety of you or another person; and as otherwise required or permitted by law.
- We may also transfer or assign your personal information to third parties as a result of, or in connection with a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of assets, bankruptcy, reorganization, or liquidation.
We share your information with business and promotional partners to send you information about products and services you may like. If you decide you no longer want to receive promotional and marketing messages, read the next section – Your Choices – to find out how you can opt-out.
Want to opt out of receiving promotional and marketing emails and text messages from ABG or our promotional partners? No problem! You can opt out in a few ways: